Monday, March 7, 2011

Subtracting Like Denominators




*Subtracting Like Denominators*






When you are subtracting like denominators you subtract the numerators and not the denominators, so the denominator will stay the same.






For example






2/3-1/3=1/3 because 2-1=1 then you leave the denominator the same.






5/6-1/6=4/6 you can't just leave this fraction the same because you can still simplify it.






You simplify until both numbers can not be divisible by the same number.



Or find the greatest common factor for both numbers and divide the numerator and denominator by it.






So 4/6 will be 2/3 because the greatest common factor is 2.






Try these questions for practice :D Simplify them if they can be simplified.






1.3/7-2/7=






2.4/10-2/10=






3.24/30-12/30=






*Answers to see if your wrong or not :D*















*GCF* stands for greatest common factor.











Here is a link and video to help you :D
CLICK ON THIS FACE ^_^ to see the video
CLICK ON THIS FACE XD to see the link :D I hope this helped you XDD

11 comments:

Mary816 said...

Good Job Jackie! I liked how you had everything you needed, but next time i think you can not put so many "enters" going into the next line, it makes it look long, but good job!

Makis 709 said...

Excellent! I like the way you showed your own work, but next time I think you could only put one to two enters, but not bad...

ethan816 said...

good post! I like how you did your own work on paper next time dont put to many spaces other than that it was very good

Carlor 8-14 said...

Good job Jacquelynn, you did a wonderful job! You made a good effort on making this post. Especially, those pictures. You also had everything you needed but, don' t make it look so long! Good job!

Priya873 said...

Excellent Job! I like that you wrote the answers on the looseleaf without finding an actual picture on google or whatever. I also like that the words that are bright stand out more and I think that you did really great.

Kimg817 said...

Good Job! Jakie I like everything you did especially your pictures, for us to understand. We know that you did a very good scribe post!

Kimg817 said...

Good Job! Jakie I like everything you did especially your pictures, for us to understand. We know that you did a very good scribe post!

ghelo8-14 said...

good job jackie everything is complete but make sure u dont waste alot of space so that we can read it and not have to scroll down

Anonymous said...

Good job jackie. I like that you draw your pictures. It showed lots of effort. I like that you gave questions for our classmates to practice. I also like that you gave link and a video. Good job keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Good job jackie. I like that you draw your pictures. It showed lots of effort. I like that you gave questions for our classmates to practice. I also like that you gave link and a video. Good job keep up the good work.

Aicelle817 said...

Good job jackie! I like how you made your own picture, i liked the explanation that you made, your words are colourful and you made it stand out. You have good examples and good effort! great job!