Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Questions and Answers for # 10,11,12 and 13

10.Question: A parallelogram-shaped stripe is going to be painted on the wall of a daycare center. There is enough paint to make a stripe with an area of 9 m2. How high can the stripe be?
Answer: The height of the stripe can be 6 m. I got it by dividing 9 m to 1.5 m which the answer is 6 m.

11.A.)Question:
With a ruler, measure the base and height of this parallelogram. Explain how you measured.
Answer: b= 1.5 cm , h= 2 cm. I measured the base by measuring the bottom part of the parallelogram which I got 1.5 cm. I measured the height by measuring the top to the bottom of the parallelogram which I got 2 cm.
B.)Question: What is the area?
Answer: The area of the parallelogram is 3 cm. How I got it is by multiplying b= 1.5 cm to h= 2 cm.
C.)Question: Use a different side of the parallelogram as the base. Determine the new height and calculate the area. How does this compare to your answer in b)?
Answer: I used the base as the height for B.) which I got 2 cm. I used the height as the base for B.) which I got 1.5 cm. Basically, I just change the position of the numbers which means that the parallelogram have 4 equal sides.

12.Question: Which of the two shapes shown below has a greater area? Explain your answer.
Answer: Shape A because the line is straighter or its more perpendicular to the base.

13.Question:
The spring thaw has caused a rectangular section of the schoolyard to flood. A
parallelogram-shaped wooden walkway is being placed over it as shown. The area of the walkway is 22 m2. How wide will the base of the walkway be in meters?
Answer: 2 m. How did I got it? is by dividing 22 m to 11 m which is equal to 2 m.

Image:



http://www.mathgoodies.com/lessons/vol1/area_parallelogram.html I hope this link would help you practice more!

*SORRY I DON'T HAVE ANY VIDEO* :(

18 comments:

Aicelle817 said...

Great job Isabel ! i liked how you made the questions and the answers different colours, i also liked how you explained it. I liked the link it helped. I also liked your picture.

joshL814 said...

Good Job! I like how you made the other words in different colours so they would stand out. I also like your picture. It really helps. That's okay if you couldn't put any video. At least you tried. Well done! I love the link!

Mary816 said...

Good job! I like how you explained your answer. Next time try adding pictures for all of them.

Kimg817 said...

I agreed on what Mary said. Add more picture and next time try to put a video. But overall, you explained it. Good job!

oudorn817 said...

Nice job! I liked how you explained how you got the answer in a clear way. Also you can add more pictures to each of your questions.

Tinille8-73 said...

Good Job Isabel.I like your picture, I love the link it helps a lot and I liked how you used colors to make your scribe more interesting. Keep up the good work.

samantha873 said...

good job! I liked how you put the questions and answers in different colours but I think you should add more pictures next time.

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I like how you change the colors to stand out the important words!

Ian814 said...

Great job next time try to put color in the important stuff.

daphne906 said...

Great Job! I liked how you made the important words in different colours!~ I also like your explination for the answers it's really understandable! Nice Sribe post!

norien873 said...

Good job! I liked how you explained the answers, i also liked how you put the word "question" and "answer" in bold and in color. That really made it stand out. Next time you might want to put a video.

Carlor 8-14 said...

Good job! You explained the answers and solution in a clear way. I also like those colors that you used. I suggest you to add video next time. Good job!

Patricia817 said...

Good job on your post Isabel! But next time you might want to put a picture on each of your question.

Marlo873 said...

Good job on the scribe post I like how you showed all your work and the picture you put really helps but next time you might want to add a video

ghelo8-14 said...

WOW ISABEL !! I LIKE YOUR HUGE EXPLAINATIONS OF YOUR ANSWER KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

liam873 said...

i like the blog but you need to put in a video.

Anonymous said...

OMG I like how you explained every but next time put a video good job keep up the good work :)

hendrix817 said...

good job on your post I liked how you explained how you go all the answers.