Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chapter 3 review # 8-10

8.) Copy these line segments. Draw the perpendicular bisectors using two different methods . Measure the two parts of each bisected line segment. Record each set of measurements.






a.) I used a compass to find out the perpendicular bisector.


b.) I used a right triangle and a ruler.


9.) A support must be placed under the pool table at it's centre. Make a sketch of the pool table. Draw the position of the perpendicular support. Label the support and label the measures of the table lenghts on each side of the support.


*The lenght of the pool table is 3.5 cm and the width of the pool table is 8.5 cm.


10.) You draw a 30 cm line segment. You then draw a perpendicular bisector of one of the bisected line segments.




(*not exactly 30 cm. 30 cm is too long, that line segment is 14 cm)


a.) What is the lenght of the shortest line segment?

-The lenght of the shortest line segment is 3.5

b.)How does the length of the shortest line segment compare to the lenght of the original line segment?

-The shortest line segment is 'shorter' compared to the original line segment.

Here is a video about constructing a perpendicular bisector.



14 comments:

norien873 said...

Great job Daphne ! I liked how you have a video and pictures. I also liked how you had the questions with your answer, your answers were really clear and easy to understand ! Next time you might want to add a link though.

marielle709 said...

Good job Daphne! I like the pictures and video, it helped me a lot! and I like how you put the questions, like Norien said.

Jackie8-16 said...

Good job Daphne! I like how you gave the answer and the question. I also liked how you gave a video and a picture of how to bisect an angle.http://www.basic-mathematics.com/bisecting-an-angle.html

Carlor 8-14 said...

Good job Daphne! You explained your solution in a clear way and easy to understand. Your video is awesome too and your picture are nice. Good job!

ghelo8-14 said...

GOOD JOB DAPHNE I LOVED HOW U EXPLAINED EVERYTHING CLEARLY AND I LOVE U PICS BUT U MIGHT WANT TO ADD A LINK SO PEOPLE CAN LEARN MORE ABOUT PEREPENDICULAR BISECTING

Tinille8-73 said...

Great Job DAPHNE! I agree with Ghelo, you might want to put a link to help us learn more about perpendicular bisecting but I liked how you explained everything very clearly. I also liked the video and the pictures.Good Job again! :D

Priya873 said...

Great job Daphne. I like how you explained everything clearly and showed us how to do the math question, but maybe you should add a link next time.

liam873 said...

i like your video because it tells me about a bisect a segment.

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB! i like how you explained everything but your kind of missing something oh yeah a link next time you might want to a link but still good job the video really explained lots of things.

joshL814 said...

Great job Daphne! I like how you put pictures to support the questions. Maybe you want to add a link next time. Nice job!

Kimg817 said...

Well done Daphne! It really helped me a lot! And I like the picture that you put and even the video.

hendrix817 said...

good job on you post ! ,it would look better if you change the colours of important words.

Aicelle817 said...

Good job daphne ! i liked how you explained it and it would help me a lot when i need it. Almost perfect because you didn't highlight the important words. Overall you did a very good job, keep it up !

CarloS8-16 said...

Good Job ! I like that you explained your answer very clearly. IT would be better If you change the important words to different color so it would look better.