Wednesday, December 1, 2010

textbook questions4-6

4. Determine the area of each parallelogram. I drew the same shape again beside it so you can see it better.




Answer:a) A=bxh
A=4x1
A=4cm2
b) A=bxh
A=3x3
A=9cm2

These are the answers because for a) 4 cm is the base because the height which is 1 cm is perpendicular to the base. Then all you have to do it multiply 4 x 1= 4 then put centimeter squared which is just a little 2 after the cm. Then do the same thing for b.

5. Draw each of the following parallelograms on a centimeter grid paper. Use the formula to determine the area of each parallelogram.







Answer: This is the answer for a) because the height is 5 cm high and the base is 4 cm wide of the parallelogram.the dotted line is the 5 cm for height because the rule is that the height has to equal 90 degrees when it reaches the base. Just like how a parallelogram is counted as a rectangle also. Then I just multiplied 4 cm x 5 cm.

6. Draw each parallelogram on centimeter grid paper.Determine each area using the formula.





Answer:a) A=bxh
A=4x6
A=24cm2 I don;t think I need to explain again because by now you should know because this was the same thing we just did earlier.
b) A=bxh
A=4x7
A=28cm2

Here is a link you can use to help you understand more.







I hope this helped you (:

16 comments:

Aicelle817 said...

Great job Jackie ! i liked how you explained everything and put pictures. I also liked the video it's kind of funny, but it helped.

joshL814 said...

Amazing! What a great scribe-post! You included everything. I like how you explained your thinking. It is very clear. Keep up the good work!

hendrix817 said...

Good job on your scribe post Jacky! I liked how you explained how you got the answers and i liked the video.

Mary816 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary816 said...

Good job! I loved how you used your own picture! Then video helped me too.

Kimg817 said...

Well done! I like how you explain it and show the answer in different colors. And even the video I like it so much! Good job!

oudorn817 said...

Great job! I liked how you explained your answers in a clear way. You also included everything! Keep up the great work!

Tinille8-73 said...

Good Job Jackie! You have everything in your srcribe. I liked how you explain your answe in very clear way. Keep up the good work !

samantha873 said...

I really like how you explaied everything so clearly and added everything! The video help too! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I like how you explain the area of parallelogram.You did a good job on the pictures. They are clear.

Isabel873 said...

Good Job! I really like how you used different images on every answers. But next time you might want to put your words in different colors so it can stand out more but over all you did a very great,good job! :)

Ian814 said...

Awesome job I liked what you did with the video next time try to make it more colorful

marielle709 said...

Jacky, nice work! I realy like the pictures and specially the video! You explained it well and clear what you need you explian.Good job!

Carlor 8-14 said...

Great job! I think you have all those requirements. You also explained the way how you got those answers well. Good job!

Patricia817 said...

Great job! You explained everything and the video helps. Good job!

liam873 said...

the video is not very good