Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Notes for May 19,2011

Variable and Expressions

Variable- a letter that represents an unknown number.
For example: a, x, w

Expression- any single number or variable or a combination of operations (+, -, x, /) involving numbers and variables.
For example: 5, r, 8t, x+9, 2y-7

Value- a known or calculated amount.

Constant- a number that does not change
- increases or decreases the value of an expression

Numerical coefficient- a number that multiplies a variable.
For example:
Here is a LINK for practice.
Here is a VIDEO about variable and expressions.

6 comments:

Jackie8-16 said...

Good Job Marnelle!! I like how you gave all the qualifications for making a scribe post. I like the order of how you arranged where you put the definitions to match your pictures. I like how you gave a ling also it helps us learn. I like how you made the words that you were going to explain red so we know that its important. I also liked how you have an example to show us how to do this. Overall that was flawless!

Priya873 said...

You did an astounding job. I like that the main words are red, which makes it look bold because its a good word and when people see those words red, they know that it must be important and they read the sentence and they know. I even like the pictures/diagrams, they make the scribe post more understanding and colourful. The video and link helped too.

Mary816 said...

Good job. I like how you added everything you needed and how you made the important words stand out. Good job. I also liked how you made an effort to make pictures.

Aicelle817 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aicelle817 said...

Good job! i liked how you did your pictures. I understood the information. Good job!

norien873 said...

Great job Marnelle ! I liked all your pictures they were colourful and easy to understand. I also liked the video and link it really made variables and expressions easier to understand. Keep it up ! (: