Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Probability Continued

Organizing Outcomes

1st way chart or table


Independent events- the outcome of one event has no effect on the outcome of another event.

Sample space- all possible outcomes of an experiment.

For example:

The question in the class is: A coin is flipped and a 6 sided die is rolled. These 2 events are called independent outcomes.

a.) Use a table or chart and list all the possible outcomes...





Second way to organize outcomes

Tree diagrams- a diagram used to organize outcomes contains a branch for each possible outcome of an event.



For more information about probability watch this video...


To check out some games about probability..... click the word >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I LOVE MATH <3!!!!


6 comments:

joshL814 said...

I think you did a very good job Kim! You included everything you need to put. I also enjoyed the link. Keep it up!

Carlor 8-14 said...

Good Job Kim! Your link is really helpful it helped me a lot. I think you included everything. Keep it up!

ethan816 said...

Good job I also like your link and think you made a good post keep up the good work

Aicelle817 said...

nicely done Kim ! i liked your link and you exactly explained it right. Well done Kim !

Jackie8-16 said...

Good joob KIM! i liked how you explained everything and your pictures was very clear to understand. But your video was a little bit boring though. I liked how you also changed the colour of your text to show important things

CarloS8-16 said...

Good Job Kim! I liked how you explained what is the meaning of Independents event and I also like that you put a table diagram and a tree diagram. It really helps me alot. You did a very good job kim.