Sunday, November 7, 2010

Order of Operation- The Language of Math

B- Brackets
E- Exponents
M- Multiplication
D- Division
A- Addition
S- Subtraction
Multiplication, division, addition, and subtraction have to be in order from left to right.
  1. Annie has been asked to calculate 1.7+6/2. She claims the answer is 3.85. Do you agree? Explain why or why not.
I don't agree with her answer because she added first before multiplying. But if we follow order of operation, multiplication should be done first before addition.

2. Put brackets in the following expression to get the largest value possible. What problem solving strategy did you use? 3*2.8+6.4/4


3. Create a problem that could be solved using the following expression. 2.5+1.25+5*1.6


Here is a link that might help you.




13 comments:

Isabel873 said...

Good Job Rose I really like how you put the words in bold letter and your images..... Your video is nice... :) GOD JOB!!!!

Mary816 said...

Good job! I like your video, but you might want to talk a little bit clearer next time. good job .

marielle709 said...

Great job Rose, I really like the video and the pictures you uploaded but there's a correction on problem #3's solution, it's suppose to be division instead of multiplication. That's ok, because you did a very nice job!

joshL814 said...

Good Job Rose! You have everything except one of the examples we did in class. Nice Job though! I like your video.

Jeremy814 said...

Great job Rose! You have everything , I liked the video , Goodjob! Keep it up.

ghelo8-14 said...

GOOD JOB ROSE!!!! I LOVE HOW U USED YOUR OWN PICTURE AND VIDEO YOU PUT MORE EFFORT BY DOING THAT

ghelo8-14 said...

GOOD JOB ROSE!!!! I LOVE HOW U USED YOUR OWN PICTURE AND VIDEO YOU PUT MORE EFFORT BY DOING THAT

samantha873 said...

I really liked your pictures and how they explained everything! You had everything on your post so keep up the great work!

Janessa814 said...

Good job , I like how you put your own pictures there , good job explaning too !

Carlor 8-14 said...

Great job Rose! You really put your effort in your work by adding you own picture and pictures. I can't say anything in your post, you have everything. Keep up the good work!

Marlo873 said...

Good job I really like the video and pictures you used.

Amiel816 said...

Great job, you i dont have any suggestion you have all of them.

CarloS8-16 said...

goodjob! rose i like that you change some words to different colour. I also like your question and you said u dont agree with Annie answer.