Thursday, June 2, 2011

Notes for June 1st, 2011

equation- mathematical statement with two expressions that have the same value.
eg. x+2=3 y-7=(-4) 3a-2=a+2 b=4


model: 8 times a number plus 4 is 12. 8n+4=12

Identify the constant, variable, and numerical coefficient.





opposite operation:
addition, subtraction
subtraction, addition
multiplication, division
division, multiplication

Problem #1:




Problem #2:




Link to an AMAZING game:

http://www.math-play.com/Algebraic-Expressions-Millionaire/algebraic-expressions-millionaire.html

AWESOME algebra music video:

8 comments:

joshL814 said...

Sorry guys, I forgot to box my answer on problem #2. Well I hope you all enjoy!

daphne906 said...

Nice Job! I really liked when you explained the parts of the expression (variables,constant etc.) it was a really great idea. I also liked your video and how you explained and how you solved your equations. Great Job!

Mary816 said...

Good job! I really liked the video you put on your blog. It made me laugh. I also liked how you used a lot of images, keep up the good work.

Jackie8-16 said...

Great job Joshua!!! I like how you gave all the requirements to a scribe - post!! I liked how you made your pictures by yourself rather than using images on sites! I like your video also but I don't think we learned that type of algebra with just letters, so it will be hard for the people who don't know how to do this, at this level. Overall excellent work :D!!!!!!

Tinille8-73 said...

Great job Joshua. Your blog is understandable. I really like your video. AWESOME job Joshua.

Anonymous said...

Good job!! I like that you put pictures and video and the link. Good job!

norien873 said...

Great job Joshua ! I liked how you had different colours and how you had some words bold, it looks really organized and well done. I also liked the video and pictures, they'are great! (:

Jeremy814 said...

Good job Joshua! I liked how you added pictures and videos which made it easier to understand. Overall it looks great, keep it up.