Thursday, June 2, 2011

notes, june 1/2 2011

2j x 3= 36

Variable-(j is the variable)  a letter that represent a unknown number.

Expression-(2j x 3) any single number or variable or a combination of operations.

Constant-(3 is the constant) a number that does not change, increases or decreases, the value of an expression.

Numerical coefficient-(2 is the numerical coefficient) a number that multiply a variable.


Equation- mathematical statement with two expression that have the same value. (a scale)

eg. x+3=3 , y-7=(4) , 3a-2=a+2 , b=4






Identify the value of variable.
 Isolate the variable:


Use opposite operation:
Add - Subtract
Subtract - Add
Multiply - Divide
Divide - Multiply


Remember, when did something on the left side you have to do the same thing in the right side.
 

 


Remember to always check your answer.

HOW TO ISOLATE A VARIABLE

Here's a link to learn more about isolating the variable.

11 comments:

daphne906 said...

Nice Job Marielle! I liked how you added a picture to go with your answer, and I also liked how you explained the definitions of the words. I also liked your video. I think you really did a good job. :)

Isabel873 said...

Good Job Marielle! I liked how you typed in the important words with bold letters. I also like your pictures, I really like the note that when you do something on the left side have to do on the right side :) I think that you did a very great job and keep up the good work. :)

charry816 said...

Great Job Marielle! I liked how you explained the words and their definitions and I also liked the picture and video. :)

Ian814 said...

Nice job I liked how you explained the equations and put the notes in order, also I liked how you added pictures and. Videos

Kimg817 said...

Good Job Marielle! I think you did a very good job on your blog...keep up the good work...we are hoping for your next one! :)

Tinille8-73 said...

Good job Marielle. I liked how you put a lot of effort to finish your blog. It's really understandable. Especially, I really like the note that when you do something on the left side have to do on the right side!

Anonymous said...

Good job Marielle. I like that you put pictures, video and link. Next time, use colours to highlight important words. Good job!!

Jackie8-16 said...

Good job Marielle!!!! I liked how you gave the requirements to a scribe post. I liked how you made some advice for us to remember to check and to do the same thing on both sides! I like your pictures as well they show alot of effort that you gave in and it was very clear to understand. Overall excellent job Marielle!! :D

Kimg817 said...

Excellent Job Marielle! I like all the things you have done in your blog...and we are all waiting for your next one.. hope you would keep up the good work

norien873 said...

Good job Marielle! I liked the pictures, specially the scale. I also liked how you had some words bold and colourful. Good job again Marielle ! (:

Jeremy814 said...

Great job Marielle! I liked the video and the pictures. It made it easier to understand. Keep it up.